بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
The Prophet (sm) says: صَلُّوْا كَمَا رَأَيْتُمُونِيْ أُصَلِّيْ
You say salat as you see me saying of salat.
(1) Takbeer-i-Tahreemah: After completion of ablution with firm determination for salat facing the Ka‘ba in standing position, fix your folded hands on the chest placing right on the left to the elbow after raising two hands up to the shoulder saying Alla-hu Akbar for takbeer-i-tareemah or will place the right wrist on the left and will keep them on the chest.
After placing two hands on the chest and fixing the aim to the place of sijdah (prostration) in a very modest way, the musalli will begin a good start of his best prayer salat with following Doa :
اَللَّهُمَّ بَاعِدْ بَيْنِيْ وَبَيْنَ خَطَايَايَ كَمَا بَاعَدْتَ بَيْنَ الْمَشْرِقِ وَالْمَغْرِبِ اَللَّهُمَّ نَقِّنِيْ مِنَ الْخَطَايَا كَمَا يُنَقَّى الثَّوْبُ الْأَبْيَضُ مِنَ الدَّنَسِ، اَللَّهُمَّ اغْسِلْ خَطَايَايَ بِالْمَاءِ وَالثَّلْجِ وَالْبَرَدِ-
Pronunciation : Alla-humma ba-‘id baini wa baina khata-ya-ya, kama ba-‘adta bainal Mashriqi wal Maghribi. Alla-humma naqqinee minal khata-ya kama yunaqqath thawbul abyazu minad-danasi. Alla-hummaghsil khata-ya-ya bil ma-i waththalji wal baradi’ .
Translation: Oh Allah! You create such distance between me and my sins as you have created distance between the East and the West. Oh Allah! You make me clean from the sins in such a way that a piece of white cloth is cleaned from dirtiness. Oh Allah! You wash away my sins with water, snow and dewdrops. 
It is called as Sana i.e. Doa-i-istiftah. There are another Doas also for Sana. But this one is most authentic.
(2) Recitation of sura Fatiha: After reading Doa-i-Istiftah (Sana), will recite sura Fatiha after reading A‘oozu billlah and Bismillah and only Bismillah in other rak‘ats with saying Ameen loudly at the end of sura Fatiha, if the salat is Jehri (i.e. the qira-’at loudly).
Sura Fatiha (The preface) Sura:1, –Makkiah:
أَعُوْذُ بِا للہِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيْمِ◌ بِسْمِ اللہِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِیْمِ
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيمِ (1) الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ (2) الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيمِ (3) مَالِكِ يَوْمِ الدِّينِ (4) إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وَإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ (5) اهْدِنَا الصِّرَاطَ الْمُسْتَقِيمَ (6) صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ غَيْرِ الْمَغْضُوبِ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا الضَّالِّينَ (7)
Pronunciation : A‘oozu Billa-hi Minash Shaitoa-nir Rajeem. Bismilla-hir Rahma-nir Raheem. (1) Alhamdullila-hi Rabbil ‘A-lameen. (2) Arrahma-nir Raheem. (3) Ma-liki Yawmiddeen. (4) Iyya-ka Na‘budu Wa Iyya-ka Nasta‘een. (5) Ihdinas Sira-toal Mustaqeem. (6) Sira-toallazeena An‘amta ‘Alaihim. (7) Ghairil Maghzoobi ‘Alaihim Walaz zoa-lleen. (A-meen!) .
Translation : I seek refuge with Allah from the clutches of the expelled Satan. In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. (1) All praises for Allah, the cherisher of the Worlds. (2) Most Gracious, Most Merciful. (3) Lord of the Day of Judgement. (4) You alone we worship and you alone we ask for help. (5) Show us the straight path. (6) The path of those whom you have rewarded. (7) Not the path of those who are accursed by you and not of those who go astray’. Ameen! (Oh Allah! accept our prayer).
(3) Qira- ’ at (i.e. recitation): Either Imam or alone the musalli after reading sura Fatiha, will read any other sura from the holy Quran in the first two rak‘ats. But if a Muqtadi (i.e. the follower of Imam), he will just read silently the sura Fatiha behind the Imam and will listen attentively to the qira-’at of the Imam in jehri (loud) salat. But at the Zuhr and‘Asr prayer both the Imam and the Muqtadi will read sura Fatiha and another sura in 1st two rak‘ ats and only sura Fatiha in the last two rak‘ats.
(4) Ruku (Bending): After the qira-’at is over, he will raise hands upto the shoulder or to the ear in Raf‘ul Yadayin and will utter Alla-hu Akbar (Allah is greatest) and will bend to the ruku. At this position, the two hands will have to be placed on the knees and keep the legs, hands, back and head straight and will read Doa of ruku.
Doa of Ruku : سُبْحَانَ رَبِّيَ الْعَظِيْمِ Subha-na Rabbial ‘Azeem. (Most holiest is my fosterer who is the glorious). It should be read at least three times.
(5) Qawmah (standing after bending): After ruku, he will rise straight and will stand calmly and will raise two hands upto shoulder facing the Qibla and both Imam and Muqtadis will utter `Sami‘alla-hu liman Hamidah’ (Allah hears him who praises Him). Then will read once Doa of Qawmah.
Doa of Qawmah : رَبَّنَا لَكَ الْحَمْدُ Rabbana Lakal Hamd.
(Oh our fosterer! All our praises are for you). Or will read, رَبَّنَا وَلَكَ الْحَمْدُ حَمْدًا كَثِيرًا طَيِّبًا مُّبَارَكًا فِيْهِ Rabbana wa lakal Hamdu Hamdan katheeran Toaiebam Muba-rakan feehi.
(Oh our Fosterer! Countless praises are for you, which is pure and full of blessings). There are another Doas for Qawmah.
(6) Sijdah (Prostration): After reading Doa of Qawmah, will go down to sijdah saying Alla-hu Akbar and will keep two hands first and then two knees on the ground and will read the Doa time and again. In this position two hands will have to be placed normally on the ground alongwith the shoulder or the ears. The elbows and armpits will remain free and will not recline to the knees or ground. The prostration will be longer and the back will be straight. As if, a kid may pass under the space.
On rising from sijdah the musalli will sit on the left foot and the right foot will be kept in straight position. At this stage will sit calmly and will read Doa. Then with saying Alla-hu Akbar will go to the 2ndsijdah and read the Doa. In ruku and sijdah will not read the Quranic Doas (Verses). In the 2nd and 4thrak‘at just before standing after rising from sijdah will sit a little. This is known as Jalsa-i-Istirahat i.e. sitting for relief. Thereafter he will stand pressing two hands on the ground.
Doa of Sijdah : سُبْحَانَ رَبِّيَ الْأَعْلَى Subha-na Rabbial A‘la (Most holiest is my fosterer who is the highest) at least three times. There are another Doas for ruku and sijdah.
Doa of sitting between two Sijdas :
اَللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِيْ وَارْحَمْنِيْ وَاجْبُرْنِيْ وَاهْدِنِيْ وَعَافِنِيْ وَارْزُقْنِيْ-
Pronunciation: Alla-hummaghfirlee, Warhamnee, Wajburnee, Wahdinee, wa A‘-finee, Warzhuqnee’.
Translation: ‘Oh Allah! Forgive me, be kind to me, rectify my condition, show me true path, give me health and give me livelihood’. 
(7) Sitting: At the end of 2ndrak‘at the musalli will sit. If it is first sitting, he will have to read ‘Attahiatu’ only and will stand for the 3rdrak‘at. If it is last sitting then after reading ‘Attahiatu’ will read ‘Darood’ and ‘Doa Mathoorah’ and if possible will read much other Doas. In the 1st sitting will sit on the left foot and in the last sitting the toes of the left leg will have to be produced to the right side a little and will sit on the left buttock while the right foot will remain straight, pointing the toes towards the Qibla.
At the time of sitting, the fingers of the left hand to be placed on the left knee pointing to the qibla in a normal position and the right hand in closed fist like the Bangla number of 53 will have to beckon with moving the fore-finger till conclusion of the prayer by turning with Salam. The eye-sight of the musalli will follow the direction of the finger and not to go beyond it.
Doas of sitting :
(a) Tashahhud (Attahia-tu ) :
اَلتَّحِيَّاتُ ِللهِ وَالصَّلَوَاتُ وَالطَّيِّبَاتُ، اَلسَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكَ أَيُّهَا النَّبِيُّ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهٌ، اَلسَّلاَمُ عَلَيْنَا وَعَلَى عِبَادِ اللهِ الصَّالِحِيْنَ، أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لآ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللهُ وَأَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا عَبْدُهُ وَرَسُولُهُ-
Pronunciation : Attahia-tu lilla-hi Wassalawa-tu Wattoaiyeba - tu, Assala-mu ‘Alaika Ayuhan Nabiu wa Rahmatulla-hi wa Baraka-tuhu. Assala-mu ‘Alaina wa ‘Ala ‘Iba-dilla-his Soa-liheen. Ashhadu Alla Ila-ha illalla-hu wa Ashhadu Anna Muhammadan ‘Abduhu wa Rasooluh.
Translation : ‘All honour, all prayer and all the holy things are for Allah. Oh Prophet! Peace be upon you and the kindness and bounties of Allah be showered upon you. Peace be showered on us and on the pious slaves of Allah. I bear witness that there is none to be worshipped except Allah and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and His Messenger’. (Bukhari & Muslim).
(b) Darood (Benediction) :
اَللَّهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ وَّعَلَى آلِ مُحَمَّدٍ كَمَا صَلَّيْتَ عَلَىِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَعَلىَ آلِ إِبْرَاهِيْمَ إِنَّكَ حَمِيْدٌ مَّجِيْدٌ- اَللَّهُمَّ بَارِكْ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ وَّعَلَى آلِ مُحَمَّدٍ كَمَا بَارَكْتَ عَلَى إِبْرَاهِيْمَ وَعَلَى آلِ إِبْرَاهِيْمَ إِنَّكَ حَمِيْدٌ مَّجِيْدٌ-
Pronunciation : Alla-humma Salle ‘Ala Muhammadeun wa ‘Ala A-le Muhammadin Kama Sallaita ‘Ala Ibra-heema wa ‘Ala A-le Ibra-heema Innaka Hameedum Majeed. Alla-humma Ba-rek ‘Ala Muhammadeun wa ‘Ala A-le Muhammadin Kama Ba-rakta ‘Ala Ibra-heema wa ‘Ala A-le Ibra-heema, Innaka Hameedum Majeed .
Translation : ‘Oh Allah! shower kindness on Muhammad and his family members, as you have showered your kindness on Ibraheem and his family members. Verily you are praiseworthy and honourable. Oh Allah! You shower bounties on Muhammad and his family members as you have showered your bounties on Ibraheem and his family members. Verily you are praiseworthy and honourable’.
(c) Doa-i-Mathoorah (i.e. Doa narrated in hadeeth) such as:
اَللَّهُمَّ إِنِّيْ ظَلَمْتُ نَفْسِيْ ظُلْمًا كَثِيْرًا وَّلاَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوْبَ إِلاَّ أَنْتَ، فَاغْفِرْلِيْ مَغْفِرَةً مِّنْ عِنْدِكَ وَارْحَمْنِيْ إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ الْغَفُوْرُ الرَّحِيْمُ-
Pronunciation : Alla-humma Innee Zalamtu Nafsee Zulman Kathee-raon wala Yaghferuz Zunooba Illa Anta, Faghfirlee Maghfiratam min ‘Indika warhamnee Innaka Antal Ghafoorur Raheem.
Translation : Oh Allah! I have made a lot of torture on myself. There is none to forgive these sins except you. So, forgive me especially from yourself and be kind to me. Verily you are forgiving and kind’.
(8) Salam : After Doa-i-Mathoorah the musalli will turn his head first to the right and then to the left with the utterance of ‘Assala-mu‘Alaikum wa Rahmatulla-h’ (peace and kindness of Allah be upon you). After the end of the 1stsalam, may be added ‘wa Baraka-tuhu’ (‘and his bounties’).
Thus after ending of salat he will utter once loudly ‘Alla-hu Akbar’ (Allah is greatest) and ‘Astaghfirullah’ (‘I seek pardon to Allah’) three times. If he is an Imam, he will sit towards Muqtadis by turning to the right or left and will read the Doa below and other Doas.
اَللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ السَّلاَمُ، وَمِنْكَ السَّلاَمُ، تَبَارَكْتَ يَا ذَا الْجَلاَلِ وَالْإِكْرَامِ-
Pronunciation : Alla-humma Antas Sala-mu wa minkas Sala-mu Taba-rakta Ya zal jala-li wal Ikra-m.
Translation : Oh Allah! You are peace and from you comes the peace. You are the benevolent. Oh! the owner of dignity and honour’.
After reading upto this he may get him up. Other Doas after it, pl. see in the chapter ‘ Zikr after salat’.
 . Bukhari H/631, 6008, 7246. Mishkat H/683. Ch: 4, Salat, Para: 6.
 . Muttafaq ‘Alaih, Mishkat H/812, Para: 11, Which is to be read after takbeer.
 . Tirmizi H/284; Ibnu Majah H/898; Abu Daud H/850; Do, Mishkat H/900, Para: 14; Nayl 3/129.
 . Muttafaq ‘Alaih, Mishkat H/909, Ch: 4, Salat, Para: 15, Tashahhud.
 . Muttafaq ‘Alaih, Mishkat H/919, Para: 16, Darood on the Prophet (sm) and its merit; Sifat. P.147. See F. N. 2-3.
 . Muslim, Mishkat H/960, Para: 18. ‘Zikr after salat’. See other Doas after Salam in the related chapter of this book.